This page contains information related to the 2018 Dons Trust Board election. Information is presented in reverse chronological order, with the most recent updates first.
Votes counted by ESG and count validated by Neil Springate, Independent Observer on Saturday 8 December 2018.
Anna Kingsley: 476
Dennis Lowndes: 424
Hannah Kitcher: 760
James Macdonald: 363
Luke Mackenzie: 496
Mark Brewer: 172
Matt Breach: 404
Nigel Higgs: 278
Rob Crane: 500
Sean McLaughlin: 397
Tim Hillyer: 385
Ballots issued: 2877
Votes cast: 1268
Four members’ two-year terms come to an end this year. There are therefore four vacancies on the Board of Wimbledon Football Club Supporters’ Society Limited (the Trust Board) to be filled, all for a term of two years.
For reference, the five continuing members are Colin Dipple, Roger Evans, Cormac van der Hoeven, Jane Lonsdale and Mark Davis, who will be happy to discuss the role and responsibilities of Board members.
This year, 11* Dons Trust members have stepped forward as candidates.
You can find their manifestos here.
The candidates are (in the order they appear in the manifestos):
- Hannah Kitcher (proposers Jane Lonsdale and Maxine Feheely)
- Anna Kingsley (proposers Alison Christie and Conor Boyd)
- Matt Breach (proposers David Growns and John Woodruff)
- Dennis Lowndes (proposers Mick Pugh and Laurence Lowne)
- James Macdonald (proposers Damien Woodward and Daniel Norris)
- Luke Mackenzie (proposers Rob Crane and Steve Adams)
- Nigel Higgs (proposers Ian Cooke and Marc Jones)
- Mark Brewer (proposers Tom Adam and Eileen Samuelson)
- Tim Hillyer (proposers John Woodruff and John Lynch)
- Sean McLaughlin (proposers Erik Samuelson and Mark Davis)
- Rob Crane (proposers Jane Lonsdale and Luke Mackenzie)
* It is with regret that Election Steering Group has to announce that, for personal reasons, Anne-Marie Godfrey has had to withdraw as a candidate from the Dons Trust Board election. We thank Anne-Marie for standing and wish her well.
The election rules can be found here.
The election will be conducted in accordance with the following timetable (please note this has been revised from the timetable announced in a recent programme article):
- Nominations open Thursday 27 September 2018
- Nominations close 18:00 Saturday 13 October 2018
- Manifestos published as soon as possible after 21 October 2018
- Candidates can begin campaigning when manifestos sent out
- Voting forms sent to members around 10 November 2018
- Closing date for voting 23:59 Friday 30 November 2018
- Result announced via Dons Trust website, etc as soon as possible after counting
- Formal announcement of result Thursday 13 December 2018 (provisional AGM date)
There will be no formal hustings before, during or after a home match; previous elections have shown there to be little voter appetite for this. However, candidates are, subject to the Election Rules, free to canvass and campaign at such times.
There will be an opportunity for candidates to introduce themselves briefly to members at the SGM on 8 November and for members to meet candidates at the open meeting to be held in Wimbledon on 31 October.