Dons Trust members may be aware that the DT Board has, through 2015, been piloting a private social network called Webjam, aimed at improving the Board’s interaction and engagement with Trust members.
Following a successful trial with a small number of volunteer members (who also provided much valuable feedback), the Board has now agreed to formally launch Webjam to all Trust members in 2016. The project implementation team, led by DTB members Jane Lonsdale and David Growns, begins work in January with the aim of launching Webjam in late Spring.
We’re now looking for an experienced web designer to join the team on a voluntary, unpaid basis.
What does the role involve?
Working closely with the project implementation manager (David Reeves), the role will focus on providing expert advice on, and practical support where necessary, with:
- Best practice website navigation
- Ensuring the platform’s design maximises the ‘user experience’, recognising that computer/online expertise and confidence amongst our 2,000 plus membership varies widely
- The appropriate use of fonts/font sizes, styles and colour schemes
- Ensuring the platform meets modern accessibility standards
- Practical implementation of agreed designs for the platform, eg producing Photoshop images
- When necessary, liaising directly with the professional Webjam team on design and related issues
- Be able and willing to work within the technical and design constraints of the platform.
What are we looking for?
- Practical web design experience, ideally gained in a professional capacity
- A creative eye and an appreciation of how good web design enhances the online experience
- Ideally, previous experience of working with Webjam or a similar platform. However, this is not essential
- Photoshop (or similar image editing tool) expertise
- The ability to work collaboratively as part of the volunteer team, and to deadlines
I’m interested – what do I do now?
Please email Jane Lonsdale your CV, together with a covering message. Please include links to websites for which you have provided design input, or alternatively screenshots.
For more information, please email David Reeves.
Closing date: Monday 18 January