The Dons Trust is looking for volunteers to share in minute-taking duties for board meetings and for general meetings with members.
The Dons Trust Board (DTB) is looking to enhance the Secretariat support as its tackles its priorities for this year and so is recruiting additional minute takers.
In all, there are around 15–18 formal meetings per year and this is increasing. The Secretariat wishes to expand the team of minute-takers so as to share the workload and ensure that minutes are prepared and finalised on a timely basis.
As a minute-taker, you will be responsible for:
- Drafting formal minutes of board / general meetings;
- Drafting formal minutes and notes of subsidiary meetings.
You will not be expected to attend every meeting as the workload is shared. Each minute-taking contribution will require 3-4 hours attendance at an evening meeting and up to 3 hours follow-up drafting the minutes. Meetings are currently conducted remotely, via Microsoft Teams, and are recorded to assist you.
Essential criteria for the role:
- The ability to work both autonomously and as part of a wider Secretariat
- Confidence with IT packages (we use Microsoft Teams and Sharepoint), and a willingness to learn
- Good organisational skills
- Accuracy and good attention to detail
- Good communications skills; written and verbal
- The ability to work, and commit to deadlines
- The ability to abide by the confidentiality of Board discussions
The successful applicant MUST be a member of the Dons Trust or join the Trust by the day of appointment.
This role is unpaid. The benefits you will gain will include:
- Developing and enhancing a useful set of skills;
- Gaining insights into the operations and conduct of The Dons Trust and AFC Wimbledon;
- Making a satisfying contribution to the effectiveness of the board and its transparency to Dons Trust members.
To enquire about, or apply for the role, please contact Dons Trust Secretary David Growns via email@example.com. Applications are due by Sunday 7 March 2021.