We are proud to be a fan-owned club, and the ultimate decision makers are the people that Dons Trust members elect to the Dons Trust Board annually.
Nominations are now open for the election of 6 members for the Dons Trust Board. These vacancies will be for 3 years (top 3 candidates in the election) and 2 years (candidates who come in 4th, 5th and 6th places in the election).
Elected members serve on the Board for a fixed time period. This year there will be elections to choose a minimum of six members.
If you wish to stand, you will need to complete a nomination form.
Please read the instructions contained within the nomination form carefully before completing and returning, noting the requirements for those standing and those nominating candidates.
For example, both candidate and nominator must be current members of the DT at the date at which nominations close.
Please ensure nomination forms are returned to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date (23:59 on October 28th 2023).
There are also three documents that we would advise that you read in full before completing your nomination form:
- The guidance for candidates
- The updated rules for the 2023 election
- A diagram explaining the role of The Dons Trust, its board and functions, and how it relates to the fan-ownership structure of AFCW PLC (the club) and its companies.
The current plan for the key dates is as follows:
- Opening of Nominations: Saturday 7th October
- Close of Nominations: Saturday 28th October
- Manifestos sent out: Wednesday 1st November.
- Ballots sent out: Saturday 11th November.
- Ballot deadline: Saturday 2nd December
Keep an eye on this page for updates.
Any questions on the form, the process or more generally about the election can be sent to email@example.com
Matthew Breach (on behalf of the Election Steering Group)
This page will be expanded on in due course with information about previous elections.