Earlier this summer the Dons Trust Board approved a new ‘communications ethos’. We are now seeking two volunteers to help deliver it on an ongoing basis.
The two volunteers will work together to:
- attend monthly board meetings and produce a summary of discussions for uploading to the Trust website
- use Zoho Social to increase the Trust’s presence and engagement on social media
- use Mailchimp to create monthly emails to members
- monitor the email@example.com email address to respond to inbound email queries
- liaise with board members to produce content to keep the Trust website lively and engaging, while promoting the Trust’s core activities
- oversee the Trust’s members-only forum, currently the Dons Trust Webjam (but with a new member-only area currently under development)
- maintain the Trust’s new YouTube channel
- work with the board to investigate the possibility of producing a cost-effective quarterly printed newsletter
- seek out ways of making the Trust’s output as engaging and varied as possible
- keep Trust board members informed of key messages that are being disseminated by the team
- periodically work with the board and other volunteers (e.g. video producers, graphic designers) to develop campaigns to promote aspects of the Trust (e.g. to drive membership or promote the concept of fan ownership).
The work will often involve liaising with board members to ascertain the correct response to give to enquiries.
Previous experience of producing long- and short-form copy is essential. Previous experience of using a content management system, a social media dashboard, YouTube, Mailchimp etc. would be useful but is not essential as initial support can be given.
The Trust’s board meetings are currently held on Wednesday evenings, usually at The Cherry Red Records Stadium but sometimes in central Wimbledon. Eventually they will relocate to the club’s new stadium. They start at 7.30pm and often finish at around 11pm.
Because the monthly board meetings sometimes discuss confidential issues, a high degree of discretion is essential. You will need to sign the club’s Volunteer Charter.
To put your name forward, please send a ‘cover letter’ email setting out how you fit the bill to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 25 October. It’s not essential, but you can also send a brief CV.
Got any questions? Email email@example.com