We are looking for a volunteer to facilitate discussions about how we celebrate our history at our new stadium.
The role will involve leading discussions between a range of supporters – including Wimbledon in Sporting History (WISH) – to determine a way that allows display of the widest range of artefacts possible while ensuring that any organisation involved in displaying material in the stadium’s museum is ultimately accountable to the Dons Trust.
The role will involve:
- arranging and facilitating discussions between Wimbledon in Sporting History (WISH) and other interested supporters, including Dons Trust board members, regarding how we present our history at the new stadium, and how the structure of the way we do it can remain ultimately accountable to the Dons Trust
- ensuring discussions are founded on what was said by all sides at the Trust SGM in April and the members’ motion that was withdrawn that evening
- reporting to the Dons Trust board on progress
- avoiding committing the Trust/club to a particular course of action until the proposal has been brought in front of the Trust board/the Trust membership for approval
- helping WISH and others who have material to display compile an inventory of all artefacts, including stating their source
- ensuring that any documentation used to manage the relationship is fit for purpose.
To maintain impartiality, the volunteer should be independent of both WISH and those members who submitted the members’ motion to the SGM. Nevertheless, an interest in the club’s history would be helpful.
It would be extremely helpful for the volunteer to be a regular attendee at home matches, as that is when WISH hold regular morning meetings and the members who submitted the motion are in attendance for the matches.
To put your name forward, email firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 2 October 2019. Please include a brief statement outlining why you think you are suited to the role. [Please note that this opportunity has now passed.]