The Club and Dons Trust are setting up a Social Media Working Group – and are looking for volunteers to get involved.
The club staff and DTB recently held an awayday to review the club’s values and behaviours. During the discussions it became apparent that there has been an increase in online abuse that our colleagues and Dons Makers (volunteers) are subjected to. As fans and members are aware, the club has a zero-tolerance approach to abuse. Our club colleagues and Dons Makers (volunteers) work incredibly hard for our club and they should be appreciated, not abused.
To ensure that we can deal with any abuse quickly and appropriately we are setting up a Social Media Working group and we are looking for up to 4 volunteers to join the group. These volunteers will join a staff member and a DTB member on the working group. The plan is for the working group to meet within two weeks of the working group being appointed. The role involves:
- being part of the Social Media working group
- Reviewing and creating a club and trust social media policy that enables prompt and efficient intervention to deal with social media abuse
- once the policy has been implemented, to provide an advisory role, as part of the working group, on dealing with reported social media abuse for the club and trust
Skills required will include:
- an interest in social media policies and inclusivity
- an ability to work with others and autonomously
- an ability to formulate policy and interventions
- an understanding of HR policies
- excellent communication skills
If you are interested in applying please email a paragraph outlining your interest in the role, along with the skills you have to support your application along with your CV to Anita Auch (Head of HR) Anita.Auch@afcwimbledon.ltd.uk by Tuesday 24 August 2021.