The latest Dons Trust board meeting was at Plough Lane on Wednesday evening, 11 January. James Macdonald & new board member Hannah Kitcher dialled in and Anuk Teasdale gave her apologies due to other commitments.
- Michele Little was reconfirmed as DT Board Chair and Angus Fox was appointed as Vice Chair. Thanks given to Graeme Price for his time as Vice Chair.
- The theme group teams were confirmed, Michele, Graeme and James were reconfirmed as PLC reps, Hannah was confirmed as Women’s Board rep
- Michele was reconfirmed as DTB liaison with the Foundation and WiSH
- George Jones was confirmed as Assistant Secretary and Michele noted she was meeting a strong candidate for the lead Secretary role on 18 Jan
- A discussion was had about whether a by-election should be held for the two extra board places and it was agreed that this should happen as soon as possible subject to timings being agreed with the ESG
Board theme groups update
- The process of collecting ED&I data across the club and DT is moving forward
- WOWSA event re Women on Boards planned for 7 March
- A draft information leaflet on becoming a member has been drafted and was discussed
- Angus has been tasked with updated ProBoards for lapsed members
- Angus has also resolved the issues around members not receiving emails
- A discussion was had on next steps for growing member numbers including price increases, rolling memberships and monthly directs debits rather than annual
- Various event dates were discussed. Meet the DTB in Feb and June plus member meeting on 31 Jan. Next SGM date to be decided but aim for March
Culture, Mission and Oversight
- Richard and Angus have created a draft set of KPIs for both DTB and PLC. Each theme group to review their section.
- Joint Board day confirmed for 24 Jan
- The consultation on management of debt moves to next stage on 31 Jan with open member meeting.
- Papers on Boardroom policy, Matchday tickets policy and Exceptions (how the Club uses extra unbudgeted funds) were discussed and agreed to pass to PLC for discussion
- Two other papers on Ticket resale and Financial Activism were deferred to Feb board