Members of the Dons Trust Board are elected to serve for two years and this year the term comes to an end for four board members.
In addition, there will be one special vacancy to fill the place left by the resignation of Mark Davis. There are therefore five vacancies to be filled and this Announcement of Election formally starts the election process (Saturday 3 October 2020).
The formal announcement contains this year’s election timetable which is as follows:
- Nominations open Saturday 3 October 2020
- Nominations close Friday 30 October 2020 at 23:59 GMT
- Announcement of the candidates. Campaigning starts around 3 November 2020
- Voting forms and Manifestos sent to members around 7 November 2020
- Closing date for voting Saturday 5 December 2020 at 23:59 GMT
- Results announced via Dons Trust website, etc – as soon as possible after counting
- Annual General Meeting – Formal announcement of result Thursday 17 December 2020
The election rules for 2020 can be found here.
Members’ resolution re. election nominations:
At the SGM held on 30 September 2020, the following resolution was passed with the required majority and to which members should have regard when considering the election:
To introduce and encourage a policy within the Dons Trust Board and the club whereby members of the Dons Trust Board, the AFCW PLC board, and senior club officials do not propose potential Dons Trust Board election candidates.
You can find the results of all members’ resolutions from the last SGM here.