Elections to the Dons Trust Board are organised and run by an Election Steering Group. Since 2014 this group has been led by John Dolan. John has regrettably decided to stand down due to increasing pressures in his day job.
John has been involved in the running of elections since 2004 and the board wishes to extend its thanks to John for the valuable role he has performed during this time. John has kindly agreed to provide on-going support to his successor.
- Are you interested in ensuring the Trust is run in an open, fair and transparent way?
- Do you have an eye for detail and ability to lead a small working group?
The Trust wishes to appoint a new Chair to lead the Election Steering Group. The future brings new challenges – more virtual and online meetings, electronic voting and more instantaneous feedback, social media – and we are looking for a candidate who either brings pre-existing social media/IT skills or who will quickly and energetically enlist those skills onto the elections working group.
In a year when the COVID-19 crisis has meant less regular interaction with members at football matches and meetings, it is vital that the ESG Chair is ready to mobilise immediately, in order to generate awareness of, and interest in standing for, the 2020 board elections.
Reporting to the Dons Trust Board Secretary, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Organisation, publicity and management of the Dons Trust Board elections in accordance with the election rules
- Liaison with the Dons Trust Board Secretary
- Liaison with Dons Trust Board members, other Dons Trust officials and Club officials as necessary
- Leading a small group of volunteers
- Supporting Dons Trust members wishing to run election events, e.g., by arranging facilities, liaising with candidates, etc.
- Analysis of each election and production of an annual report along with recommendations for change
To find out more about the roles or to apply, please email the Secretary: email@example.com
When applying, please send a short resume of your relevant experience and a covering letter or email explaining why the Election and voting processes need to change, what they should look like in the future and how we should manage the transition. The 2019 Election Rules and report from the ESG following the 2019 elections are available for your reference.
Applications should be submitted by Friday 21st August (extended from Sunday 2nd August) and shortlisted candidates should expect to be interviewed shortly thereafter. The Board intends to make an appointment during the course of August.